Wednesday, August 13, 2008

4 More Days...

Well, it's almost here. Bulletin boards are up, pencils are sharpened, books are in desks. (Despite my son undoing all these things as I work!!) All I need now are all those fresh faces. I love the first week. They are still unsure of me. They are on their best behavior. They hardly talk!! It's quite nice!! Soon enough the "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" turns into "Mrs. Pulido! Mrs. Pulido! Mrs. Pulido!"
I'm very proud of how organized and ready I am right now. If only I could stay that way! I accepted the free, large desk calendar, as I always do, from School Stuff. (To bad it will be covered by September.) I have work copied for the first month. Names are even in my gradebook already. (Would be better if princpal would stop switching kids around days before school!)
I guess I'm as ready as I'm getting! Princess was such a great help this year. I'm so proud of the little girl she's turning into.

I did tell Hubby that the School wife he always dreads, just may be more pleasant than the Summer wife this year. Summer wife had a HARD Summer. (Not mentioning any names...boy who his on my back, hitting my head right now!)

Hubby did find a great way to wear the kids out, while not straining himself out this week. He chases them around with a remote control Jeep(Thanks Kelly!) It's fun for hours!! Plus, he doesn't have to get off the chair.
Oh well, I guess I better get the lovelies to bed. Gotta get back into routines!

2 comments:

On Stage said...

I didn't realize you started so soon! I thought you had all of next week free!

Still Sane said...

No, we start Monday, and the kids on Wednesday:(