I am soooo tired! I worked all day getting the last few things ready to start. Made sure the room was picture perfect for all the kids and parents tonight. Then, I picked up the kids, made dinner, took a shower and headed back for Open House, an hour later.
The kids are so excited to see who they sit next to, and the parents love to get those few tidbits of info out (as if I'm going to remember them). Lots of ex students come back to say "Hi" (Always the best part. I love to see them grow!)
Unfortunately, the night took a turn for the worst. One mom wanted to know who to talk to, to get her son out of my class, since she's been having problems with another boy for 4 years. I told her we have everything ready to go for the morning, so she better go talk to the big guy right away. Turns out she doesn't get along with the other boy's grandmother, and the boys have never had problems, so he told her she's out of luck. One good thing about him, is the way he talks to parents.
Two other moms wanted their daughters moved away from other boys. One because the boy told her daughter she licks boys' butts in the bathroom. (Well if she'd stop licking boys' butts we wouldn't have a problem!)
One girl's mom wanted me to be sure she takes home EVERY book, EVERY night, (about 55lbs worth), not to let her sit on her legs, no free time on the computer, write EVERY day, etc., etc. AND she'll be coming in to "help" on Wednesdays to check on all of this.
Another girl broke her right arm two days ago spinning on a computer chair, and is freaking out about not being able to write.(for 5-6 weeks!!)
Another girl was diagnosed with strep today. (Yeah! Back to a life of illnesses!!Better resupply the Airborne!)) She won't be here until Monday.
I had such high hopes this morning. Only 20 kids, no meds, but here we go again.
Welcome Back!!!?
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hope all goes well!!!
Classroom rules:
1. Do not lick butt
2. Carry home all books
3. Don't look at eachother if
Grandmas do not get along
4. Supply teacher with lots of chocolate and ocasional alcoholic beverage
Love the rules!!
Doesn't seem to be off to a GREAT start, but I guess it could get worse!!
Hang in there!
Post a Comment