Monday, August 4, 2008

Terrible Twos!!!

Let me start off by saying that I love him dearly, and wouldn't trade him for the world! But my little crazy boy is about to send me over the edge. Princess never really had the terrible twos. She's always been stubborn, don't get me wrong, but never was that scene in the middle of a crowded mall, etc... Then came my little man. He has been nonstop since in the womb!!! He wakes up jumping off the bed, and goes to sleep after jumping into the bed from the windowsill. As I write, he is putting the couch cushions on the floor, to of course, jump on. The last week has been spent trying to keep his tantrums from embarrassing me too much.
Nana was on vacation last week, so we went shopping in Orland Park. We decided to eat at Cracker Barrell first. I figured it would be fine. It was only 11:00, no wait, plenty of distraction. Well, he had other ideas. He didn't want to sit so we looked through the store, rocked on the chairs, finally went back in to play with the golf tee game. All was well, until he decided to throw the game across the dining room, so golf tees would fly at all the poor diners. While I was trying to gather them back up, he took his shirt off. While trying to put his shirt on he started screaming"NO SHIRT!!!". Then, began to throw silverware! Food finally came, he ate for a few minutes, then wanted to sit in time out, outside. So, he ran off.
When we finally got food in us, Nana went to pay as we looked around. He then decided he wanted to stay and ran back into the dining room screaming,"ME STAY HERE!!!" Lovely!
Princess just kept repeating"I'm being good."
This day was followed by just a few more tantrums at the Farmer's Market, grocery store, Nana's house, and of course the fair, where he decided to have a seat in the middle of the midway, and not get up.
The Twos have also brought out the aggressive side. I fear it is the mix of German, Polish, and Mexican ancestry. In any case he feels the need to hit anyone or anything that walk by, and he cannot control his throwing. We were all treated to a shower of ice tea at dinner, when out of nowhere, he decided to throw his spoon, which hit Ella's cup out of her mouth, and all over us! The poor boy lives in "Time Out". I haven't even touched on potty training attempts!

If anyone has any ideas on how I can better survive this year without Prozac, please let me know!!!!

1 comment:

mommy to an angel said...

Boys are so different - that's all the advice I have!! I don't know from first hand experience, but from having two brothers and seeing my friends who have boys. Olivia went through a small stage at 3, but it really wan't too bad - it lasted a couple of months and then she was back to her normal self.
Good luck :-)

Welcome to the blogging world!